At cStreet we combine design & strategy with the web’s most effective organizing tools to win progressive campaigns.
We’re looking for a motivated project manager that can oversee the planning, implementation, and tracking of multiple projects and drive them through the entire life cycle. We’re a small shop of experienced people who need a capable and organised person (that’s you!) to oversee what we do and make sure we’re not dropping any balls. This is a new position so your voice and experience will be an important part of shaping the position and the firm!
Enter your email below to subscribe to our digital magazine, Tactics
- Be responsible for scheduling client work
- Facilitate daily morning meetings
- Facilitate weekly ‘demos’
- Gather content for and schedule monthly newsletters
- Define the scope of projects in collaboration with senior management
- Determine the resources (time, money, outside vendors, etc.) required to complete the project
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
- Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Establish a communication schedule to update clients including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
Skills and Requirements
- Strong communication, time-management, leadership and collaboration skills
- Experience with NationBuilder, Basecamp or Harvest is great but not necessary
- Organizational and creative problem-solving skills; can make recommendations and/or resolve the problem
- Able to oversee numerous projects, ensuring deadlines and expectations are met
- Able to act as a liaison between all staff and the clients to clearly communicating project timelines, including milestones, deadlines and deliverables
- Fluency in French is awesome but not required.
- Bonus: any experience working in a creative environment.
You should be:
Progressive and want to change the world. You’d rather see Tom Mulcair running your country than any of those other folks. You think legislation to control catastrophic climate change is a better idea than dangerous pipelines. You think First Nations people have a right to self-determination and nationhood. You love data-driven decision making.
After the selection of a project manager your first responsibility will be to undertake an assessment our teams roles, responsibilities and current project management process and deliver a concrete plan to improve our processes.
Key Onboarding Strategy Components:
Review contracts, job descriptions and roles and responsibilities memos for all staff
Interview the partners
Interview the staff
Review Basecamp, previous projects and sit in on a project debrief
Key Onboarding Strategy Deliverables:
Produce revised job descriptions for staff & partners that include key responsibilities
Memo on recommendations to improve the project management process
To apply: Please email your cover letter and resume or linkedin to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: We’re not good at setting deadlines (that’s why we need you). We’re looking for someone to start as soon as possible. That being said, we know you’ve got to get your application sorted out so let’s say February 16th, 2015.
Location: Our office is at Queen and Euclid in downtown Toronto charmingly located above/inside a hair salon.
Job Status: This is a full time position and starts with a 3 month probationary contract
Due to the high volume of applications being received, we can only respond to successful candidates. (Again, we need a project manager…)