cStreet Campaigns is digital campaigns firm that uses technology to win campaigns for social change. Our current and past clients have included Olivia Chow for Mayor, Shit Harper Did, Vision Vancouver, Rainforest Action Network, SEIU Healthcare and others. We are seeking a Junior Designer to join our growing team. The successful applicant will work our team at our Queen St W office to support internal and client facing projects.
Our clients are the best in the world and while we're not a design agency, fun, thoughtful, and exciting design is a core offering.
Enter your email below to subscribe to our digital magazine, Tactics
Contract length: 3 month probationary followed by permanent position
Hours: 40 hours/week
Salary: $37,500 - $42,500 Based on experience
Your job will be to support the web design components of our client projects as well as graphic design needs of the firm.
What an average day might look like as cStreet Campaigns new Junior Designer
9:00 Review your active projects in BaseCamp and touch base with the rest of the team
10:00 Lay out a digital strategy document for a new client
11:00 Review a design brief and workup preliminary wireframes for a microsite
1:00 All staff meeting to review active projects
2:00 Implement client revisions to an existing web design project
3:00 Dark Horse Latte Break (our office is just down the street from DHo on Queen West)
3:30 Layout a proposal and contract for new business
4:30 Update BaseCamp with your progress for the day
Key responsibilities will include:
- Fulfilling graphic design requests from clients and staff
- Designing beautiful, functional, and refined landing pages, email themes and print materials
- Producing wireframes and mockups, and explaining your design decisions
- Working with our CEO to help execute digital engagement projects
- Assist with the design and execution of print creative requests
Required Skills and Experience:
- Killer design skills and strategic thinking with strong proficiency in using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Ability to work independently, cooperatively and effectively with staff & clients
- Knowledge of CSS & HTML is an asset but not required
- Background in advocacy, political campaigning or with CRMs is an asset but not required
You should be:
Progressive and want to change the world. You’d rather see Tom Mulcair running your country than any of those other folks. You think legislation to control catastrophic climate change is a better idea than pipelines. You see the connections between food security, good jobs, the environment, and health care. You love design and see its potential as a tool for social change. Women, First Nations, Metis, and Inuit people and individuals of colour are strongly urged to apply.
Send a resume or LinkedIn profile (preferred) – as well as a file of (or link to) a portfolio demonstrating your work – to jobs(at)cstreet.ca
- Selected candidates will be contacted for an interview
The Application Deadline is May 6th but we will start interviewing ASAP and will hire for this position as soon as we've found the right fit. If you're interested please apply sooner than the deadline.